Do I Have To Own A Drone To Get My Part 107 License?

What’s going on? We’re answering another viewer question. Do I have to own a drone to get my Part 107 License? Hey guys, Art here off the dome media group. This one was sent in a few months ago and it’s a common question.

I’ve also heard conflicting information floating around about this topic. It’s a quick fix. So let’s jump right in.

Ok lets take a look at what the FAA requirements are to get your FAA Part 107 remote pilot certificate. The first requirement is that you must be at least 16 years old.

The next requirement is to Pass an aeronautical knowledge test at an FAA-approved knowledge testing center. The final requirement is to undergo Transportation Safety Administration (TSA) security screening.

As you see. There is no requirement of ownership of a SUAS or a drone to get your Part 107 license. That’s all I have on this question and I hope it helped you.

As always, subscribe, Comment, like, follow, share. More importantly, fly safe. Peace. 🙂

%d bloggers like this: